Hypnotic Nocturnal OCD Knitting and more...

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Quickie on the Side

I needed a diversion from Diva and Jane AND Lady Eleanor, and thought it would be a nice change to knit on huge needles. So I began searching for a fast and easy pattern to use my 3 skeins of Rowan Big Wool in Black [color 08]. I scored this particular stash enhancer at Edna Hart's 1/2 Off Yarn Sale last year. I took the last 3 balls and hoped this would be enough for something, and have been saving it for a good project.

The I found Fantine by French Girl, which I bought from The Yarn and Fiber Company [FREE SHIPPING, love free shipping]. The pattern includes 4 versions of this cardigan [cap sleeve/ 3/4 length, and scoop neck/ mandarin collar].

I picked the Mandarin collar with 3/4 sleeves, requiring 3 balls of yarn for size L, the perfect amount. But I should have made size M with short row bust shaping, it would have allowed more yarn for the sleeves, because I ran out of yarn on sleeve #2!!! OMG, I have second sleeve issues!! So my one-nighter turned into a nightmare: for 5 days I checked my favorite local yarn stores to find one ball in black, and nobody has it, boo!

I think I'll order the Big Wool online from The Yarn and Fiber Company again, free shipping makes a purchase feel so goooood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home