Hypnotic Nocturnal OCD Knitting and more...

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Purl Bee Beret


On a whim, I made the Purl Bee Beret. It requires only 1 skein of Koigu PPPM (175yds)! I love single skein patterns, especially in combination with Koigu sock yarn and Addi needles, it feels so smooth! Actually the last half of knitting became increasingly stressful because I thought I would run out of yarn:

There's only 55"/ 140cm of yarn remaining down in the right corner, yet there are still 38 stitches on the needles and more rows to knit... but I finished with 6.5"/ 16cm remaining after completing exactly 1" of icord! yay, total relief! I was seriously going to rip the entire thing due to yarn-shortage-anxiety. And sometimes, when I drive to a new location, I'll U-turn prematurely.

These are the best photos of my unblocked beret, it looks like a shower cap. I will block it then take final pictures. [I like the blurry photo slightly better, but they are both kinda so-so, I look different in person.]

2 Comments:

Blogger Ana Petrova said...

I love one skein projects too, fast results. Very cute!

24/6/07 2:25 PM

 
Blogger Petunia Honeysuckle said...

Thanks Ana! It's nice to hear from you!! Sadly, the beret grew ridiculously large when I blocked it, so it was frogged.

24/6/07 2:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home