Hypnotic Nocturnal OCD Knitting and more...

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Seventh Time's a Charm

Diva can be a bitch.

After finishing the stripey part with minimal trouble, I assumed this pattern would be entirely easy. BUT after reading the instructions for the left collar section, it seemed rather confusing, and it was so much harder than I anticipated.

I made mistakes the entire way through while reading the pattern, and after ripping the same 50 rows out 6 times, I finally made a chart:


This doesn't make any sense without the original Diva pattern in hand, but indeed it is the key to understanding how the design elements integrate simultaneously. Maybe my brain stinks, but this was tricky!

Here's what I have now, this is about the entire 50g of yarn for the left collar in size M. I am ready to attach the back shoulder stitches to the collar which completes the sleeve opening!

2 Comments:

Blogger TracyKM said...

My friend is interested in getting this kit for Christmas (it's a big investment--wish you could just buy the pattern). I'm the type that likes to figure things out on my own, even if it's not exactly the same, I like working out puzzles, and I love diagonal knitting. I'm thinking that you start at the center lower back with about an inch, then do a central increase...mmm...more thinking required. Perhaps cast on the whole bottom edge first, but short row outwards at the same time as doing the central increase in the middle back....I don't care if I (or my friend) actually knits this, I just like the brainwork, LOL.

18/4/07 10:23 AM

 
Blogger Petunia Honeysuckle said...

There's more than 1 way to skin a cat. I would love to see how you would work this without the pattern. Personally I enjoy the differences in how professional designers approach their work. I admire the attention to detail, and try to pick up some of their knowledge. There's a wealth of new techniques in some patterns, and I love the merciful designers who write out both left and right sides of the garment.

I got my Hanne Falkenberg kits from http://www.cucumberpatch.co.uk and http://www.sommerfuglen.dk
Each company has a vast selection of kits and very good pricing. Good luck to you, please let me know if you make a Diva without a pattern!!

18/4/07 2:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home