Hypnotic Nocturnal OCD Knitting and more...

Friday, August 31, 2007

Cat Bordhi says...

You might think my voice is crazy, but it will help you learn.
In her YouTube video, Cat says this about her use of cartoon voices to explain Judy Becker's provisional cast on, a.k.a. THE Provisional Cast On of the Century. I love Cat for making free knitting videos on YouTube. I felt she was special when I took her Moebius class. She was such a warm and enabling facilitator, I felt ecstatically happy about knitting moebii. Thanks Cat, I *heart* U!

Judy's cast on offers:
  1. PERFECT TENSION [oh my god!]
  2. EVERY stitch will be present, in both directions [holy cow!]
  3. ALL stitches will be correctly mounted [what!?]

Now I wonder if I should frog and re-knit the Jane Crossover Sweater using Judy's method? Tragically, it will be the 4th frogging of this section, and the single ply yarn gets fuzzier and worse for wear, poor yarn. However, my drawn-out, provisional cast on experiment has driven me nuts to this point, and with this one technique all the cons of the other methods disappear, I will feel redeemed.

Devo's song Whip It accurately describes my feelings about Ripping It:
Crack that whip
Give the past the slip
Step on a crack
Break your mommas back
When a problem comes along
You must RIP it
Before the cream sits out too long
You must whip it
When somethings going wrong
You must RIP it

Now RIP it
Into shape
Shape it up
Get straight
Go forward
Move ahead
Try to detect it
Its not too late
To RIP it
RIP it good

When a good time turns around
You must RIP it
You will never live it down
Unless you RIP it
No one gets away
Until they RIP it

I say RIP it
RIP it good
I say RIP it
RIP it good

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home