Hypnotic Nocturnal OCD Knitting and more...

Friday, September 01, 2006

Kyoto Wrap, looking good!

Earlier this summer, I got a great deal at The Little Knittery's 50% off sale. My biggest score was 5 balls of Noro Silk Garden Lite (color #2015), the dk version of one of my fave yarns, but I had absolutely NO idea what to do with it... until I saw this neat vest, the Kyoto Wrap from ShiBui, at Knit~Purl in Portland, OR. This shop is excellent in it's top-notch customer service, which is always refreshing, though the $6.50US shipping/ handling charge seemed steep for sending patterns only.

After several hours of easy knitting, I now have this lovely, gleaming piece of fabric:

it measured 24" in this photo, and since then it's grown to just over 36" and is about halfway finished. The best thing about the pattern is the TEENY bit of seaming. I H-A-T-E finishing... for me, when the knitting is done, I am emotionally divorced from the entire project. This pattern has 3 tiny little seams, I can manage that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home