Hypnotic Nocturnal OCD Knitting and more...

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Post No.1, Vol.1

Hey it's my maiden voyage into bloggingdom!
Today I casted on something special: Hyphen-Boy's Modular Felted Backpack. I joined a KAL [KnitALong] hosted by a friend [who happens to share the same birthdate!! Hi Judy!]. Here's a picture of my yarn choices and another picture of the finished felted bags from Hyphen-Boy. I have bulky weight yarns in Cascade Ecological Wool [in shade #8095, batch # 2643, 437m/ 478yd per 250g/ 8.75oz], and Noro Big Kureyon [color #17, lot A, 160m per 100g], both of these are 100% wool, excellent for making felted bags. I'll use US10.5/ 6.5 mm needles, though normally I would go up a couple needle sizes and knit looser, giving the fabric a chance to lose all traces of stitch definition. Using smaller needles for felting [or fulling] should keep the stripe pattern crisp and clear, with less chance of distortion and fuzzing in the wash process, though the fabric will likely retain some visible stitch definition. Whatever happens, this is going to be a great project!

7 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Those bags are tres cool!! Have fun knitting one up. Oh and I'm a new knitting blogger too, it's fun!
http://fiberandphotography.blogspot.com/

28/8/06 6:24 AM

 
Blogger Deby said...

Your blog looks great so far. That bag looks challenging also. Good luck on your new bag, cant wait to see picture with your yarns.

28/8/06 7:42 AM

 
Blogger Lizardknits said...

Your blog looks good! Keep it up! I have the same pattern, but haven't had time to start my bag yet. Good luck wth yours.
Elizabeth
www.lizardknts.com

28/8/06 7:45 AM

 
Blogger Suzetta said...

Great job on the blog and love your Hyphen-Boy bags.

28/8/06 9:38 AM

 
Blogger jkstitch said...

Good luck on your bag, I am interested in how you do. Keep your progress posted. jkstitch

28/8/06 5:10 PM

 
Blogger jkstitch said...

Oh yes, love your blog, I just started mine and there defintely a learning curve to this. But I do enjoy them. visit me...

Jkstitch
http://judygknittin-n-stitchin.blogspot.com/

28/8/06 5:12 PM

 
Blogger Petunia Honeysuckle said...

Yay, visitors and comments!!! Wonderful kind encouraging comments!!! Thanks to everyone who visits, I'll be dropping by to see your blogs too :) oh boy I love having visitors!

28/8/06 10:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home